Friday 8 January 2016

Card 5: Deceptive Rancor

This Rancor was given to me by Arto Liukkonen, a local player in Jyväskylä. He was kind enough to throw in a Mind Stone for my Pauper Cube along with it. Many thanks to him!
The fifth card added to The Deck is this Rancor Arto got as a throw-in when he bought the Rancors for his Infect deck. At first glance it looks practically mint, other than the wear on the left border. You'd almost think it wasn't in bad enough condition to qualify for this project.

On further inspection you just keep finding more and more damage, until the real state of the card becomes apparent. There are significant scratches and dents scattered all over the surface and it is bent and dented badly enough in the middle, that there is no hope that the cardboard could ever be forced back into shape.

The Deck
CardsColours
Nonland3UBG
Land2R
Total5

1 comment:

  1. Nice to find this Rancor getting chance to see play! I can extend its story a little bit, because it was from me where Arto got it. At December 2015 I bought a collection where this card was found from a large box with many other cards in it. The cards came from Finland's Chicago, Lahti. There were other three newer NM rancors which ended up to Arto's deck and even some of its fellow NM partners from Urza's Legacy, which I reserved for my own decks. For the condition of this card I am not sure if there has been some gang-war as the other rancors have been trampling over this outcast-copy or what, but it sure seems the card has seen some liquid treatment during its lifetime.It certainly lives up to its ability to come back from graveyard and I hope it still packs the punch do some serious beating!
    -Ristomatti Piesala

    ReplyDelete